Re: Recommendations for software to use with Creative Zen MP3 player

On Wed, Jan 02, 2008 at 08:36:19PM -0600, Ron Siven wrote:
>    --- Chris G <[2]cl@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>    >  What  do  people  panel  recommend  to  use with a Creative Zen MP3
>    player.
>    >
>    >  Main  requirement  is to be able to download MP3s and put them onto
>    the
>    > Zen, it's not a requirement to be able to play them on the computer.
>    >
>    >  Podcast synchronisation would be a plus but lets try walking before
>    we
>    > run.  Doing this on windows has turned into a disatrous mess.
>    >
>    Chris,  Have you tried Amarok?  It works well with older iPods and has
>    an entry for a creative Nomad device.
>    - Ron

I gave it a quick try last night, it looks very slick, however it
*didn't* recognise the Creative Zen.  Note that the Creative Zen (as I
understand it) isn't a 'Nomad' device, it's just a straightforward MP3
player.

When plugged in all I see in dmesg is:-

    usb 7-6: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 9

It looks as if I'll have to do a bit of configuration in amarok to get
it to see the Zen.

--
Chris Green