Re: Custom F8 kernal and ath5k

David G. Mackay wrote:
On Sat, 2008-01-05 at 08:54 +0900, John Summerfield wrote:

Future development is with ath5k; I surmise it's more likely to work than madwifi for some (probably newer) devices. Fedora aims to provide the latest in open source; madwifi isn't all open source, and ath5k is the latest.

My chipset isn't supported in either the madwifi or ath5k stable
versions.  It's a lot easier to do an svn checkout of madwifi than to do
the git kernel compile needed for ath5k.  That said, I do look forward
to the day when my chipset is supported in ath5k.  Maybe then, NM will
play nicely again.

nm has many problems unrelated to this.

No fault of the developers, the main things work for many people, but there are many cases where it doesn't. Two network interfaces for one.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait