Re: Custom F8 kernal and ath5k

On Sat, 2008-01-05 at 08:54 +0900, John Summerfield wrote:

> Future development is with ath5k; I surmise it's more likely to work
> than madwifi for some (probably newer) devices. Fedora aims to provide
> the latest in open source; madwifi isn't all open source, and ath5k is
> the latest.

My chipset isn't supported in either the madwifi or ath5k stable
versions.  It's a lot easier to do an svn checkout of madwifi than to do
the git kernel compile needed for ath5k.  That said, I do look forward
to the day when my chipset is supported in ath5k.  Maybe then, NM will
play nicely again.

Oh, and support for 802.11n would be really nice.  I know that they're
working on it.

Dave