Re: small machine needs a small linux.

Endy wrote:
Simon Slater wrote:

I run FC6 on a PII 233MHz 512MB RAM with KDE.  For most general purposes
like word processing, mail, small graphics it is not too slow.  Need
some patience for big graphics, form letters  and web sites with lots of
flash.  Won't play DVDs.  Depends on how the charity wants to use them I
s'pose.
Try the flashblock extension for firefox. It lets you select which embedded flash to load and display. It's great for saving processor power on any machine...flash isn't exactly the most efficient piece of software out there....
Endy

adblock can block it too (and also those annoying ads). Again, one can be selective.

However, konqueror seems lighter on RAM usaage than the Mozilla family, and I'm convinced they leak memory.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait