Re: small machine needs a small linux.

Les Mikesell wrote:
Ric Moore wrote:
Anyone know offhand if there is a "small linux" distro that also uses
rpms? I've got some PII's and PIII's to install to, and then give them
away to our charity. So, I'd like something that can make use of these
old machines and include a CD with each of them. Thanks in advance, Ric

I'd try CentOS3 as something with older, less bloated code but still full featured and supported.

I spose one could go for C 2.1 too. My vote though goes with DSL, debs are about as good as rpms, just different. There's also puppy, and maybe lots more at distrowatch.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait