Re: Java problem

Karl Larsen wrote:
> Hi Rogue, I would never guessed the above. Turns out you need to be
> using a root login. But I have the jEdit installed but now reading the
> man page to see how to do it :-)
No need to use root here in Taiwan.
>  Thank you so much. I was sure that having no /usr/bin/jar meant I did
> something wrong. But the new stuff takes new ways. Thanks a lot!

Actually, I'm pretty sure you are doing somethings wrong.  Which ones
they are, it is impossible to determine.  However, I can see you digging
yourself a bigger and bigger hole and eventually blaming it on the
Fedora project.  As in almost any OS the developers strive to keep you
from shooting yourself in the foot but if the person behind the keyboard
is bound and determined to shoot themselves they are perfectly capable
of doing so.

Star Trek Lives!

--
Star Trek Lives!