Re: lite-scribe question.

Tim:
>> Of course *we* know why - maximising profits.  They could, quite easily,
>> make bigger cartridges that hold more ink, and not charge as much.

Alan Cox:
> So refill them. It isn't very hard and for HP cartridges its cut my
> ink costs dramatically.

Some of them can't be.  Sometimes because they take technical
countermeasures against it, othertimes it's because the original
cartridges are so crap that they're completely gunked up by the time
they run dry.  The HP cartridges on my old printer were like that, I
only ever got one new one that was in tip-top condition.

They're so wasteful with ink, too.  The amount that gets purged during a
cleaning cycle is horrendous, and few seem to bother to make a system
that seals well so it doesn't dry out in between use.

My old dot-matrix printer was FAR more cost effective.  One ribbon
lasted years, and was black during most of that period (not faded or
smudgy), and being able to sit a box of 2000 sheets under the printer
and not have to restock it for years was very useful too.  Thesedays
you've got to keep refilling the paper, as you can't sit more than a
centimetre stack into it.

Inkjet printers, designed by Bastards Incorporated...

--
[tim@bigblack ~]$ uname -ipr
2.6.23.1-10.fc7 i686 i386

I read messages from the public lists.