Re: how to jigdo download a fedora 8 re-spin in one easy step?

On Wed, 2007-12-26 at 19:28 +0000, Beartooth Sciurivore wrote:

> 	And it will still be less trouble than I've already wasted trying
> to get a DVD that would do an upgrade. In fact, it looks like I'll have
> to go back to buying pre-burnt media for F9 and F10 ...

+1 Ya know, it's WORTH a coupla bucks just to not torture myself and buy
the DVD. One stinkin' bleep or bloop in the process and the DVD is an
expensive coaster. Plus, my overall mental health takes a serious
double-gainer-back-flip into a bout of depression and carpet chewing.

What I truly miss from the OLD DAYS was when package manager just asked
that I insert the CD and it would install packages, long after the
install took place. The option was to use ftp to grab anything else
needed and everyone worked as smooth as a monkey's butt. Heck, I'd
subscribe to update DVD's, if the service wasn't too pricey.

Then I could go back to using the internet as a place to get information
from. Sure, get security alerts off the net quickly, but all those
megabytes of updates tying up bandwidth, for a lot of us on modems and
creeping DSL is a pure headache.

> --
> Beartooth Staffwright, PhD, Neo-Redneck Linux Convert
> Fedora 8; Alpine 0.99999, Pan 0.132; Privoxy 3.0.6;
> Dillo 0.8.6, Galeon 2.0.3, Epiphany 2.20, Opera 9.24, Firefox 2.0
> Remember I know precious little of what I am talking about.

Me neither, Panky. :) Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar