Re: Java problem

Craig White wrote:

I installed the jre from the file jre-6u3-linux-i586-rpm.bin and it
give me done with no prob , but there is no java file in /usr/bin/ ,
can any one suggest some thing about that ?
----
look in /usr/java

if you know what you want, you can create a symbolic link in /usr/bin
but that should never be necessary.
It's too bad that RedHat and Sun can't agree on where java should live. For earlier versions of fedora, jpackage.org had a way to fix this breakage, but they seem to have stopped at FC6.
----
patience...

They are finally getting around to licensing it under GPL, things are
finally stabilizing.

Having everyone do things their own way is your idea of stabilizing? Who would it have hurt for either RH to make a system where Sun's packaging would drop in and run or for Sun to package it to match RH's arbitrary locations? I never quite got the point of an RPM package that didn't work.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx