Re: lite-scribe question.

On Fri, 2007-12-28 at 17:21 -0600, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 28, 2007 at 14:58:59 -0800,
>   Bruce Byfield <bbyfield@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Moreover, the chances of there ever being a free software lightscribe
> > app is very slim, since Lightscribe licenses the technology under an NDA
> > that no free or open source developer is likely to accept.
>
> That's too bad. I was thinking I should get one when I have money to buy
> some new hardware, but hearing that, I think I won't be if things don't
> change.

You really aren't missing much. Unless Lightscribe manages to develop a
full-color burning process, I don't think the technology is likely to
take off. Stores around here tend to have one row of Lightscribe CDs and
one row of Lightscribe DVDs on their shelves, and none carry anything
except the gold disks. Even with HP making Lightscribe drives standard
on all their computers, the technology doesn't seem to interest people
much.

--
Bruce Byfield 604-421-7177
Burnaby, BC, Canada