Re: Where do you put all your HTML stuff on a home Linux server?

Chris G wrote:
2 - In apache's DocumentRoot (/var/www/html in my case)

    Messier with permissions if you want to edit HTML without becoming
root all the time. Also not so convenient for editing even with permissions set up OK as it's not in your home directory.

For home use, I find 'chown -R luser:luser /var/www/html' to be a suitable solution. You can also 'ln -s /var/www/html ~/public_html' and then any scripts or html editing apps that look in your home directory will be happy, but you don't need to worry about enabling home directory support in httpd and SELinux.

	-- Chris