Re: listening to protected audio cds

Antonio Olivares wrote:
Has the OP tried playing using cdda2wav an example

$ cdda2wav -eN dev=/dev/sr0 -t1
plays track 1 from cdrom0,
It can play from command line and get information from
cd,
[snip]
If this does not work, please let me know.  It has
worked for me in the past.  It lets you also rip the
cd to wav files which can later be burned to make a
non protected cd for your personal use.

Thank you very much, Antonio! It seems to have worked.

I guess the problem was trying to get KDE to recognize the disc and/or getting amarok to play it as-is. One strangeness, though - I was able to get the cd-text with cdda2wav once, but it disappeared and couldn't get it anymore. Is that something that just happens with these protected discs?