Re: Installing from the 3 DVD fedora 8 "Everything" re-spin

On Thu, 27 Dec 2007, Dean S. Messing wrote:

> I just completed the download of the jigdo "Everything" DVD respin for x86_64.
>
> FYI, I used the CLI command
>
> jigdo-lite http://jigdo.fedoraunity.org/templates/Fedora-8-Everything/Fedora-8-Everything.jigdo
>
> I didn't have the original F8 so I let it download everything (no
> pun intended).  It took about 12 hours running three parallel
> jigdo's, one for each of the 3 DVDs in the respin.

without the original (baseline) DVDs, you kind of lose the benefit of
jigdo since you'll end up downloading every single RPM and
reconstructing the DVD ISO on your end.  in that case, you're probably
better off just using bittorrent.

rday

Robert P. J. Day
Waterloo, Ontario, CANADA