Re: What's the cause of these dependency errors?

Rex Dieter wrote:
: On Mon, 2007-12-24 at 06:39 -0800, Dean S. Messing wrote:
: > With the discussion about FC6 being dead, I thought I'd do a last yum
: > update of my beloved FC6 laptop.  (The last one was 6th December.)
: > For some reason new versions of the 3 packages
: >
: >  kdenetwork-extras
: >  kdebase-extras
: >  kdeutils-extras
:
: Dean,
: these 3 were never part of Fedora Core 6 or Extras.  Were you using the
: kde-redhat repo?  If so, that's likely it.  We (kde-redhat) never updated
: FC6 pkgs after kde-3.5.7.
:
: Quick-n-dirty fix:
: yum remove kdenetwork-extras kdebase-extras kdeutils-extras
:
: and then the usual update procedure should continue more smoothly.

Thanks Rex.

I am, indeed, using the kde-redhat repo.  I seem to remember that I
needed these "-extras" packages because some of my laptop panel
apps/applets were contained in them.  I don't rightly remember which
ones (the battery applet comes to mind) but I know some of them
disappeared when I switched over to the kde-redhat repo until I found
out it/they were contained in one or more of the "-extras" packages.

Are the contents of these "-extras" packages integrated in the
kdenetwork, kdebase, and kdeutils base packages in FC6 updates?

Thanks for your help!

Dean