Re: Need a fetchmail guru (JoAnne D.?) who's been using it to pop his/her gmail

On Wednesday 26 December 2007, Tim wrote:
[...]
>Well, subjects should not be changed in transit.  The only changes that
>should happen are adding a re when replying, or fwd when forwarding, or
>rewording the subject if you've radically changed tack, but all of
>that's done on the client doing that action.
>
>So, yes, I'd complain.  Then, I'd ditch the notion of using an ISP's
>crappy mail system when you can easily use a much better server,
>elsewhere.  I only use mine's SMTP server.  According to fetchmail, my
>ISP's POP3 server regularly goes on strike for a whole day, or longer.

Yeah, I'm seeing hour plus outages here.  And you can't tell whats going on
cuz they have the ping response and traceroute responders disabled, security
ya know. vz, being in bed with M$, has to do all that.  Dumb...

Ask an email related question on the tech support line (now there is an
oxymoron for you, "tech support") and mention kmail, then you have to tell
them its linux & they say "whazzat, we don't support anything but winderz and
macs."  About that time I get pi$$y and point out that a std protocol is a
std protocol.  And that they aren't following it.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

This is an IBM Manual scroll.--More--