Re: Volume discrepancy between tvtime and other apps

Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
Vicki Stanfield wrote:
I am trying to understand why tvtime volume, adjusted to 100% with the
right arrow, is still quite low when compared to playing a video off a
web site in firefox or from a DVD with mplayer. Does anyone have any
idea why there would be such a disparity? I have looked at the tvtime
man page but don't see a setting to increase the volume other than the
right and left arrows. I am using Fedora 7 (tvtime--1.0.1-6).

Vicki

Check to see what control it is changing. One easy way to tell is to
open up the mixer at the same time, and watch what control changes
when you adjust the volume. There is probably an option in tvtime to
select what control is used.

Mikkel
It is the line in. But I don't see an option to fix it. I think it might be that this tvcard is not going to output enough volume. I wouldn't mind so much, but it is quite jarring when I get an IM or have some other thing with normal volume kick off. That makes me wonder. Does anyone have a decent tv card that sends sufficient volume?

Vicki