Re: cnn flash video

Amadeus W.M. wrote:
> On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 21:13:02 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
>
>> Antti J. Huhtala wrote:
>>
>>> No doubt. It's a clean install of F8 with (AFAIK) the latest flash
>>> plugin.
>> Oh, I just realized there is probably a difference in my system than
>> yours.
>>  I'd forgotten that I use Sun's Java stuff and not icedtea.  I also
>> downloaded and installed the flash plugin direct from Adobe.
>>
>> As for what some others have said...  Well it is the "Holiday" season
>> and strange as it may seem people tend to get stressed out and snap at
>> others for no apparent reason.  Probably best to ignore some comments.
>> :-)
>

> I had icedtea and sun's latest jre and jdk. I always install sun's java,
> but I remember vaguely that before making the plugin links I saw there
> was already a link to libjavaplugin, but I thought I'd give icedtea a
> chance. After uninstalling icedtea I am now able to see the dbfx prices,
> but the cnn videos still stop after 1-2 seconds and go blank.

OK....

I managed to duplicate what I think is your problem....

I fixed it by creating the directory ~/.mozilla/plugins.  In there I created
symbolic links.  Here is mine, yours may vary...

lrwxrwxrwx 1 egreshko egreshko 39 2007-12-21 11:32 libflashplayer.so ->
/usr/lib/flash-plugin/libflashplayer.so
lrwxrwxrwx 1 egreshko egreshko 58 2007-12-21 09:41 libjavaplugin_oji.so ->
/usr/java/default/jre/plugin/i386/ns7/libjavaplugin_oji.so
lrwxrwxrwx 1 egreshko egreshko 37 2007-12-21 11:46 npwrapper.so ->
/usr/lib/nspluginwrapper/npwrapper.so

I don't think it will make a difference...but I also have the environment
variable JAVA_HOME=/usr/java/java_latest/jre set as well as $JAVA_HOME/bin
set in my PATH.

Regards,
Ed

--
He who is good for making excuses is seldom good for anything else.