Re: cnn flash video

to, 2007-12-20 kello 05:16 +0000, Amadeus W.M. kirjoitti:
> On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 13:05:08 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
>
> > Amadeus W.M. wrote:
> >> Lately I've had troubles watching the clips on cnn.com. It's very
> >> strange, when I select a video from the main cnn page, the clip starts,
> >> plays a few frames (sometimes more sometimes less), then it stops and
> >> the image goes blank.
> >>
> >> Also, on www.dbfx.com there is a flash window that should display some
> >> information (currency prices) in real time, but it doesn't, its all
> >> blank to begin with.
> >
> > I believe that is a java applet and not related to flash.
> >

> >> Does anybody have any clue what the problem might be? Other sites with
> >> flash media work ok (e.g. youtube, google video). This is what I have:
> >>
> >> [root@phoenix ~]# yum list | grep flash flash-plugin.i386
> >>          9.0.115.0-release installed
> >> gallery2-flashvideo.noarch               2.2-0.7.svn20070831.fc
> >> installed
> >> libflashsupport.i386                     000-0.1.svn20070904 installed
> >>

> > --
> > Is this going to involve RAW human ecstasy?
>
> Is there anything wrong with java then? Can people see the cnn clips?

I just tried, and yes, for ca. 1 second I saw moving picture and heard
the sound. Then the screen went blank (grey).
When I tried CNN Live Video, the following error message appeared:

UNSUPPORTED PLATFORM ERROR:
This video is not supported on the current platform (browser/operating
system). For technical issues, use the FAQ

The fact that I could see the chosen clip for a second or so makes me
think that exclusion of Firefox/Linux is deliberate. I'm sure someone on
this list knows more about this...

I'm running F8 x86_64 on a desktop box with IcedTea Java and Flash
plugins. Youtube and many others providing video clips work just fine.

BR, Antti