Re: 3D Support for NVIDIA

On Mon, 2007-12-17 at 17:31 +0600, Angel wrote:
> For your kind information,I already got the link,thats really helpful.I
> think u miss some list.

First thing, top posting is not considered a good thing here. Plus,
there is always some lag between your posts and a user reading your
message and re-posting in reply to it. Feed back is not always
immediate. FYI

> Sudheer Satyanarayana wrote:
> > Fedora or any other GNU/Linux distro cannot support your hardware out
> > of the box. You will need to install proprietary NVIDIA drivers to get
> > your video adapter working. If you want to know how, try searching for
> > the step by steps instructions on Google, for one. Here's a sample link
> > http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&newwindow=1&safe=off&q=install+nvidia+driver+on+fedora+8&btnG=Search&meta=
> >

> > If you prefer to expect Fedora to work on the fly buy hardware that
> > are free software friendly. You may also request your hardware vendor
> > to provide exact specifications so that people can write free software
> > drivers for it. Choose what you want.

And ...Sudheer is exactly right here as the nvidia "drivers" (modules)
are proprietary. So, they cannot be included. I use nVidia and have
learned to live with it while I enjoy the performance of their product
line. Even MS has the same problem, as the nVidia supplied drivers for
Windows are better than the MS intalled ones. Enjoy! Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar