Re: list subject

On Wed, Dec 12, 2007 12:04:44 PM +1030, Tim
(ignored_mailbox@xxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> >    there are several scripts for semi-automatic management of IMAP
> >    local or remote folders. Your best bet is to look if they can
> >    talk to Gmail to rewrite the subjects there, move messages from
> >    the inbox to another inbox rewriting the subject on the fly,
> >    something like this. Let us know if this work, and good luck.
>
> I wouldn't recommend that, for the reason I outlined before.  *This*
> person will respond to a thread with a changed subject line.  That
> will break the thread for a great number of clients.

I just told him the only way I know to do exactly what he wants. I
didn't add or imply that doing it will make him more popular...

Then again, clients which thread only on the subject line should be
burned and forgotten as soon as possible, but this is an entirely
different story, isn't it?

Marco
--
Help *everybody* love Free Standards and Free Software!
http://digifreedom.net