Re: list subject

M. Fioretti wrote:

Errr, no, that's the point.  I don't know that list when what my
mail client presents is the subject lines of unread messages and
the list is not polite enough to identify itself there.  Your
solution seems to be to do a lot of grunge work with hidden
fields.  Mine is simpler - just use a screen big enough to display
what you want to see.

it's smarter, too, isn't it? Spend ~100/200 bucks for a bigger monitor
which dissipates more energy (=extra cost and pollution) instead of
tweaking one's environment.

But if you buy a new one it will most likely use less energy than your old one (depending more on age and design than size). And it's more likely to be a wide layout.

 Not to mention how kind this sounds to those who can't afford a bigger monitor.

I apologize for that, but I also often read my mail on a old treo with a 160x160 screen and still prefer the lists with visible tags because they make it easier to navigate seeing just the sender and subject.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx