Re: list subject

M. Fioretti wrote:

it's smarter, too, isn't it? Spend ~100/200 bucks for a bigger
monitor which dissipates more energy (=extra cost and pollution)
instead of tweaking one's environment.
But if you buy a new one

if you _have_ the money, you mean? (see the kindness part). Duh

I understand your point, but we are talking about people who do already have at least one monitor - and internet access - aren't we?

This said:

1) in another message you said that you are looking for a solution
   that doesn't depend on a lot of local configuration. I agree
   with the principle, but the way you're carrying it on this time
   is asking for a lot of reconfiguration by _others, from the list
   admin to all the folks who are perfectly fine the way things stand
   so it's highly unlikely that you're get anything this way.

You've lost me on this point. I've never had to configure/change configuration or any such thing to accommodate the many lists that do add the name tag.

2) A practical suggestion: I know for sure, because I did some research
   some time ago but can't find the file right now, that there are
   several scripts for semi-automatic management of IMAP local or
   remote folders. Your best bet is to look if they can talk to Gmail
   to rewrite the subjects there, move messages from the inbox to
   another inbox rewriting the subject on the fly, something like
   this. Let us know if this work, and good luck.

I can tolerate the list as is, because most of my other lists are tagged and I just assume that anything that doesn't make sense is fedora-related. I'm just surprised that anyone likes it that way. Wouldn't imap client operations have to be configured exactly the same on every client (assuming they support the same operations) or you'd have to be very careful which one hits the mailbox first?

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx