Re: list subject

William Hooper wrote:

I'm planning to switch to IMAP and I thought that gmail labels appeared
as IMAP folders.

That is why I suggested the gmail web interface.  You can label
messages and the labels appear with the messages in the inbox.  I'm
not sure if/how messages that are labeled but in the inbox interact
with IMAP.  I always filter messages out of the inbox so I don't have
a bunch of unrelated lists together.

If I wanted to go different places for different topics, I'd like web fora better than email. I don't.

 I don't want to have to jump around into different
folders for every list.  If they still show up in the inbox first with
the label it would be OK.

They do in the web interface.

Yes, gmail's web interface is decent for a web interface, but still no match for an email client.

Another option might be looking into the Thunderbird tag system.

I don't always use thunderbird - and when I do it isn't always on the same machine so I don't want something that depends on a lot of local configuration. That's kind of the point of IMAP.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx