Re: FC8/IcedTea Java Plugin/FireFox/R

>"Knute Johnson" <knute@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:>
>
><snip of my content>
>
>> I have a couple of questions;
>>
>> Do you have compat-libstdc++-33 installed?
>
>Yes.  Relevance?

Because as far as I can tell the Sun plugin will not work without it.
 I don't know what other things require it but I always have to
install it to get the Sun plugin to work.  I was just curious if you
had it installed.

>> Did you do the Xinerama fix?
>
>I don't use Xinerama, but do use TwinView.  Is there something that I am
>missing?
>
>> Why did you take out iced-tea?
>
>The first thing that I checked was to see what dependencies there were
>for IcedTea. There were none, so I removed it, rather than attempting a
>more "kludgy" fix.
>
>So far, I have not noted any missing functionality and I don't do any
>Java development. So until something I need comes up broken, I'll stay
>with this approach.

It is possible to have both iced-tea and Sun's java installed and
functioning correctly.  I use the JPackage utilities to do the setup
for alternatives.  It makes it very easy to switch Javas.

I am very curious about the Xinerama bug.  That is fixed?

I did a web page that describes how to configure F8 for both Javas.

http://www.knutejohnson.com/sun-java-on-F8.html

--
Knute Johnson
Molon Labe...