Re: haldaemon problem

> My ignorance is showing again,how do I get to change Selinux settings,
> I'm using KDE and there is nothing about HAL in /var /log/messages.
>

>  david
>
> --

Hi David!

Admittedly I play in Gnome.  I would be a bit surprised, however, if
the procedures in KDE are greatly different.

Go to "System > Administration > SELinux Management" and when the
"SELinux Administration" window comes up set "Current enforcing mode"
to "Permissive".  Save and close.

Re-start SELinux or reboot.

Do another "ps aux | grep hal" as root.  If hal is running go back and
set SELinux to "Enforcing" and also check the "Relabel on next
re-boot" box.  Save and close.  Re-boot and check for hal as above.

Beyond that I would make a directory in my "/home/me/Documents" called
"hal" and copy to it /var/log/"messages", "dmesg", and "secure" -
change the permissions and  ownership of the copied files to be used
my you as the normal user, and then use your favorite word processor
to browse them and do searches on "hal" within them.

Have Fun!

Tod