Re: Users and Groups

David Boles wrote:
> Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
>
>> Now, on my F6 system, clicking on the Help button, or on Help -->
>> Contents brings up the help files in Firefox. Depending on how you
>> have things configured, you my have a different program set as your
>> default. I will double check what F8 does when I fire up my laptop
>> later.
>
> This is a file association. Whatever application you have setup to open
> HTML files will start and Ta Da open the HTML file.  ;-)

With the changes made in F8 to system-config-users, it does not open
the help file from within the program. It looks like they changed
things so that it does not check the file association, but instead
tries to find one of two hard-coded programs. But it does not work.
The other question is who's file association would it use? Because
the program is being run as root, would it use root's file associations?

Mikkel