Re: opinions on disc burner utils?

Robin Laing wrote:
Styma, Robert E (Robert) wrote:
I'm wondering about GUI, ease of configuration, options, etc.

I concur with the others on the merits of k3b.  It is
and excellent program.  If you have used Easy CD Creator,
you will find K3B intuitive.

You will want to
yum install k3b

You will probably also want k3b-extras-nonfree
from livna to be able to handle mp3 files.
I believe rpmforge also has a package to enable
mp3 handling.

Bob Styma
Phoenix, AZ

I read a review of some Windows (Nero?) software that is trying to come out with a Linux version of their software. The K3B software was much better than the commercial software. This was a few years ago.

Before you go looking, look within. I decided months ago to figure out how the Gnome CD/DVD system worked. Like all it is a bit hard to understand but I found the Help to be real and after just one drink coaster I am now an expert. In fact I made a F7 and F8 DVD with this software and both are 100% perfect.

I recommend the Gnome burner.

Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI