Re: /proc/acpi problem 2.6.23

mike simpson (mikieboy) <no-reply-gw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>done
>bugzilla id no.407751

Thanks for raising the bug report, Mike.

I had what appears to be the same problem with a fresh installation of
FC8 on a Dell Latitude L400 yesterday.  The battery and thermal_zone
directories in /proc/acpi exist but don't contain any useful
information:  they claim that there is no battery and that the CPU
temperature is always 50C.

During the big post-install 'yum update' the system shut down
unexpectedly, possibly due to overheating.  I'd say this was reason
enough to increase the severity of the bug.

Ron