Re: Not now

On Dec 1, 2007 6:46 PM, Karl Larsen <k5di@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>     Someone last night got on my setup for this login and set it to send
> no email to me. I turned on and there was no fedora list mail. Had to
> work and just fixed the problem. Now things are good again. Sure hope
> the person who did this will stop. It is no fun causing others problems.
>

>         Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
>         Linux User
>         #450462   http://counter.li.org.

Not to mention illegal.  Regardless what differences people may have
with you or someone else on the list, that is not an acceptable way to
deal with it.  You may want to contact the list administrator to find
out if they log IPs that connected to your account.  If so the
attacker's ISP can be identified which in turn their records can lead
the proper authorities to the attacker.  Even if you don't pursue a
criminal complaint you can at minimum pursue a complaint with the ISP
of that IP who in turn can take whatever disciplinary action they see
appropriate.

And the suggestion by David to make sure you change your password (and
secret question if applicable) is a very good one.

Jacques B.