Re: OT: USB<->Ethernet printer server for router

On Saturday 01 December 2007 04:56:06 pm Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
> John Summerfield wrote:
> > Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
> >> Dumb question - Does a multi-function device show up as more then
> >> one USB device? (1 for the printer, and another for the scanner?
> >> Maybe another for the FAX?) I ask because I never tried plugging in
> >> my MFD using USB - it is network enabled, so I have always used it
> >> that way. I did have to use a network-aware SANE driver for it. It
> >> also has different print queues for FAX and printing.
> >>
> >> Mikkel
> >
> > Here's my HP Laserjet 3052:
> > Bus 001 Device 004: ID 03f0:3317 Hewlett-Packard
> >
> > This device prints, scans, copies. It has USB and network interfaces
> > (and according to the USB info, a parallel port).
>
> Thanks. Now I don't have to dig up a long USB cable or move the MFD
> to test it myself. One reason I picked a network printer was because
> there was not room near the computer for it.
>
> Mikkel

it's a little pricey, but depending on how your place is wired, you could try
the

XTENDEX® USB-C5-LC
http://www.networktechinc.com/usbc5.html

i use two of these and it's the same as having things connected locally. works
with my scanner too.

--
Anthony -  http://messinet.com - http://messinet.com/~amessina/gallery
8F89 5E72 8DF0 BCF0 10BE 9967 92DC 35DC B001 4A4E