Re: F8 Sound problems

Hi Abhijit,

---- Abhijit Shylanath <abhijit.shylanath@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > At first, I thought I had no sound at all but If I turn the volume all the way up, I can hear muffled noises.
> ..
> > 00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801FB/FBM/FR/FW/FRW (ICH6 Family) High Definition Audio Controller (rev 03)
> > 01:0a.0 Multimedia audio controller: Creative Labs SB Audigy (rev 03)
>
> I have an SBLive! Value and had a similar problem on Linux. Here's an idea:
>
> Double click the volume-control applet in Gnome, File, Change Device,
> Select 'Audigy'. Then 'Edit'> 'Preferences' and ensure that Master,
> PCM, Wave, Wave Surround are all enabled.

Interesting... I don't have a "Wave" or "Wave Surround" option.

> Now try turning all these up to around slightly more than halfway. I
> think the EMU10k drivers use the front and rear outputs separately;
> they are NOT both driven to master. 'Wave Surround' controls the rear
> output, AFAI have experienced. So if your speakers are connected to
> the rear port, this might help.

I have tried enabling everything but the only option that gave my any noticable difference in sound was when I enabled "analog Mix". I could discern a slightly louder background noise.

> If that doesn't work either, go to 'System', 'Preferences', 'Sound'
> and see that the Audigy is selected there (not the Intel, or auto),
> like Mikkel suggested.

I went there and tried all possible combinations - no difference.

Steve.