Re: Fedora vs Ububtu

On 01/12/2007, Aaron Konstam <akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> It gets sort of tiring to make unfaltering (to Fedora) comparisons to
> Ubunbtu get rather tiring. There are advantages and disadvantages to
> both systems. The fact that apt and synaptic are available in Fedora
> makes the pup vs update manager debate sort of silly.
>
> One gaping hole in the Ubuntu is how to do the equivalent of adding a
> repository. How for example would you add the equivalent of the Dell
> repository to Ubuntu. It is not at all clear, at least to me.
> I am willing to learn if someone is willing to explain. In Ubuntu two
> conflicting procedures are presented.
>
> But the real truth is that the two systems are relatively equivalent. In
> general  Ubuntu uses versions that are generally behind those in Fedora.
>
> It often is pointed out that the update version feature of Ubuntu works
> better than the update process in Fedora. But I suspect that is because
> the programs available for installation are a much more a closed set.

I'm a regular user of both OSes. I was just about to write up a
description of why I choose one over the other before I came to my
senses.

DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!!!

That said, if you ask a specific question I'll gladly give you a
specific answer. By the way, Emacs sucks and VI rules.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.