Re: Fedora 8 runlevel 3

Aaron Konstam wrote:
On Wed, 2007-11-28 at 08:04 +0900, John Summerfield wrote:
Vivek J. Patankar wrote:
Bill Geng wrote:
I just installed Fedora 8 on my desktop computer. My computer gets
an
IP address from my router which runs a DHCP server. It works at
runlevel 5. I can access the Internet. After I changed the default
runlevel from 5 to 3, my network interface cannot be bring up
automatically. I have to run "ifup eth0" manually to get an IP
Seems to me that network manager is far from ready for use, it's
causing too much trouble to too many people.

This is just not true. It works well if:
1. you are in rl 5
Quite a few problems here are from folks who don't want that.

Someone has to be logged in, and that's not always wanted either.
2. You have a correct driver for your nic.

unless you want two network interfaces up at once.

It works for the simplest case, and that's about it, as far as I can tell.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait