Re: Fedora 8 runlevel 3

Bill Geng wrote:
I just installed Fedora 8 on my desktop computer. My computer gets an
IP address from my router which runs a DHCP server. It works at
runlevel 5. I can access the Internet. After I changed the default
runlevel from 5 to 3, my network interface cannot be bring up
automatically. I have to run "ifup eth0" manually to get an IP
address. Anyone can help me out.

I've had this problem too for one of my servers that runs nessus on Fedora8. I solved it by stopping the NetworkManager service and starting the "network" service.

# chkconfig NetworkManager off
# chkconfig network on
# service NetworkManager stop
# service network start