Re: Fonts (Firefox/Windows & Firefox/Linux)

On Tue, 27 Nov 2007 15:34:25 +1030
Tim <ignored_mailbox@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Font sizing choosers (web browsers, for your desktop, or whatever)
> should not ask you to choose a font size in pixels.  That's the real
> bug.

Not really - the gnome fonts are mostly set to something like 10 points
(not pixels), but if you literally render a 10 point font on a 42 inch
display it comes out so small you can't read it (because, for one thing,
I'm not sitting as close to a 42 inch display as I would be to a 20
inch monitor - but the EDID info in the monitor doesn't know how
far away I am :-). Lying about the DPI is merely the simplest way
to make the fonts readable.