Re: a paper I can't find...

Tim wrote:
On Tue, 2007-11-27 at 07:11 +0900, John Summerfield wrote:
I was thinking of other leaked papers, from when MS assessed the feasibility of running Hotmail on Windows (I think it was on FreeBSD when it bought it). That was pretty damning of Windows, and some of the problems it highlighted have been addressed.

Yes, that was amusing.  Not just that it wasn't running on Windows, but
that it wasn't even possible to (at the time).

Windows may be fair on a terminal, but it left, and probably still does
leave, a lot to be desired for servers.  And I'm sure that all the
mainframe guys must laugh their asses off at businesses which have to go
around updating hundreds or thousands of stand-alone terminals, compared
to updating one server and doing nothing to all the dumb terminals.

And those of us who know how to update masses of Windows systems will be laughing at people like you who don't.

http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&oe=utf-8&q=wsus+site%3Amicrosoft.com

--

Cheers
John