Re: wireless- networkmanager

Marcel Janssen wrote:
On Sunday 25 November 2007, John Summerfield wrote:
Could you be more specific as to what you are doing? I assume your start
by left clicking on nm-applet icon. At what point are you entering your
key?
and how often?

Well, one time should be enough but after trying 5 times I regard things to be just not working properly.

"how often" doesn't mean "how many";)

One should never need to enter it correctly more than once. _I_ had a problem on OpenSUSE with network manager forgetting correct passwords, and that's why I asked "how often."

Anyway, I tried several restarts of the network services and even two wireless cards with different chipset. I always get prompted for the key no matter how many times I enter it (and I'm sure the key is correct).

You need to confirm that the password/key is in fact correct, and that you have entered it correctly.

You need to give more detail; please read the documents referenced in my sig for advice. The better information you give, the more responses you will get and the better they will be.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait