Re: wireless- networkmanager

On Sun, 25 Nov 2007, Marcel Janssen wrote:

Hi,

Can someone tell me how I can get my atheros device to work with
networkmanager and a WPA-PSK key ?

I plug in my card and it seems to be recognised (wlan0). I enter the wpa-psk
key in networkmanager and it just keeps asking me for the key.

I sometimes see this behaviour, but usually after the initial connection
has dropped.  Sometimes the log reports dbus errors.

Is this a bug in networkmanager ?

Maybe this one:

  * src/knetworkmanager-nminfo.cpp: Avoid a race on the DBus which
    sometimes prevents connection to wireless networks.

I'm using:
$ rpm Name : NetworkManager Relocations: (not relocatable)
Version     : 0.7.0                Vendor: Fedora Project
Release : 0.5.svn3030.fc8 Build Date: Sat 27 Oct 2007 02:23:52 AM ADT

which is probably too late to have the above patch.

--
George N. White III  <aa056@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>