Re: Fedora May Be Killing Your Laptop's Hard Drive?

On Sat, 2007-11-24 at 14:03 +0000, Andy Green wrote:
> Not AFAIK... the take on it seems to be that if the drive itself or
> the bios+drive power it up into a self-destructive state, that is the
> problem of the bios+drive.

I have a different opinion.  Since it's known that many laptop drives do
shutdown very often after a tiny idle period, and we have an OS that
does like to continually access the drive, one or the other behaviours
needs adjusting.

Having a drive going clunk every few seconds is not going to be good for
longevity.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.