Re: Bug #372011 (or: how we could help with anaconda beta tests)

Hi Jeff,

On Nov 23, 2007 8:34 PM, Jeff Spaleta <jspaleta@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Nov 23, 2007 12:31 PM, André Costa <blueser@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Yeah, agreed about the resources. That's exactly why I am proposing
> > that Fedora developers release early versions of anaconda's deps
> > solver only -- not the whole thing.
>
> Isn't anaconda making use of yum's depsolver directly? My reading of
> the bugzilla comments tells me this is reproducible with yum directly
> without needing to use anaconda.
>
> So if depsolving problems are really  yum bugs, don't we already have
> enough tools being released as part of the testing process for people
> interested in stress testing the depsolver without any extra releases
> of anything?
>
> Comment 14 in the bug report has an example on how to yum reproduce
> this specific issue.

Cool, this could be a start indeed =) Still, IMHO if it is intended to
be widely used it should demand less user effort to be configured and
tried out, and could be a little more user friendly (e.g. don't output
yum's messages directly, instead show some higher level output). And,
of course, don't violate the "don't touch anything" assertive ;-)

Regards,

Andre