Re: Bug #372011 (or: how we could help with anaconda beta tests)

On Nov 23, 2007 12:31 PM, André Costa <blueser@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Yeah, agreed about the resources. That's exactly why I am proposing
> that Fedora developers release early versions of anaconda's deps
> solver only -- not the whole thing.

Isn't anaconda making use of yum's depsolver directly? My reading of
the bugzilla comments tells me this is reproducible with yum directly
without needing to use anaconda.

So if depsolving problems are really  yum bugs, don't we already have
enough tools being released as part of the testing process for people
interested in stress testing the depsolver without any extra releases
of anything?

Comment 14 in the bug report has an example on how to yum reproduce
this specific issue.

-jef