Re: How to open a db file -- was: Need to know

Scott Berry wrote:
> Frank,
>
> I don't appreciate the way you treated my Dad.  This was uncalled for.
> He is 75 years old and learning computers.  Come on can't you be a
> little more friendlier?
>
> Scott

Scott,
 I don't know what you were reading, but Frank was being polite. He
both explained the problem with trying to answer the questioned
asked with the information provided, and provided advice that will
help get answers in the future. One big different between getting
support on a list like this one, and getting payed support, if that
no-one here is obligated to provide an answer. Because of this, bad
subject lines stand a good choice of being ignored. Poorly asked
questions will also run into problems, because before any advice can
be give, questions must be asked to define what the problem is. A
message with both these problems may not get answered for days, or
may get ignored.

One other thing for you to think about - replies to posts are almost
always written without any consideration given to the age of the
original poster. In the first place, you often have no idea of their
age. Unless they wander into off-topic posts that reveal details
about their past, all you can go by is their writing style. In the
second place, the advice giving is not only for the OP, but also for
people doing a search of the mailing list for answers.

Mikkel