To: "For users of Fedora" <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, November 21, 2007 3:23 PM
Subject: Re: How to open a db file -- was: Need to know

On Wed, 21 Nov 2007 15:15:37 -0600
Art Giles <ag@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Please try to come up with more descriptive subject lines than "need to know". Subject lines are intended to serve a useful purpose and are not just "dead space" that you should fill in with anything at all that's not related to your
actual subject or question.

Having said that:

Hi how do you open a db file

That depends entirely on what created your "db file".  A moment of Google
search tells me that it could be a file created by Filemaker Pro or Microsoft Access. If it's "thumbs.db" then that's a file of thumbnail graphics used by
Windows Explorer.

It could also be an Ansys database, an Arcview Object Database file,
or something created by Synopsys Design Compiler, dbVista, Paradox, Smartware,
XTreeGold.

There are about 17 other programs that apparently create a "db file", plus
ghawd-knows how many others that aren't on the list that I'm looking at.

So.... What created it?