Re: Wanna give me a hand debunking this?

Les Mikesell wrote:
Another thing is misses is that RHEL releases its sources in a way that lets other projects (CentOS, etc.) reuse them. I don't follow Novell that closely, but didn't think that there were any free rebuilds of their enterprise versions.
Actually, I looked. There are "sources" for SLES, but they only contain free/open-source programs that appear in SLES, so you won't get the FULL SLES. More or less, you'll only get the free part of SLES.

OTOH, AFAIK, the RHEL sources can be built into a complete RHEL system.

The claim here with regard to that is that openSUSE is "functionally equivalent" to SLES, so giving the openSUSE source is good enough. But openSUSE contains far more nonfree components than Fedora does (mostly because Fedora has rules about that sort of thing).