Re: backup vmware

On Fri, 16 Nov 2007 21:45:19 +0100, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Scott Henson wrote:
How can I do the backup???

I'm going to guess that cpio is your problem.  You might want to add a
"-H newc" to your cpio command line.  Otherwise use tar as I believe it
will handle files over 2GB.
 Alternatively, you can tell vmware to split its disks into two gig
chunks.  Thats a image creation option though, so it may not help you
here.

Also be sure your vmware clients are shut down for the duration of the copy. The disk images would be corrupted if they changed during the copy.

Would it be ok to exports some dirs in the clients and mount them in the main partition, who takes the backup?
--
Roland Brouwers
C.A.T. bvba