Re: How to get mail to local destinations delivered?

Chris G wrote:
>> My advice would be something similar:  Configure by the book.  Make sure
>
> What book?!  :-)   I think that's much of the problem, there's not
> much information directly related to setting up a home system as a
> sub-domain.

This may be the time to change from Sendmail to Postfix. I find
Postfix much simpler to configure. I have it set up here that mail
for *.infinity-ltd.com and infinity-ltd.com is delivered locally on
this machine. Mail for other domains is relayed through
mail.infinity-ltd.com (The mail server at my web hosting service.)
Before I convinced my ISP to allow outgoing port 25 contact to that
mail server, I had it configured to relay through the ISP's mail
server. With the exception of the auth configuration for using the
relay server, it took less the 5 minutes to configure. (If I was
willing to use plain-text passwords with the mail servers, it would
have been a snap.)

Mikkel