Re: f8: NetworkManager + runlevel 3 problem

On Tue, 2007-11-13 at 06:52 +0900, John Summerfield wrote:
> Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
> > Timothy Murphy wrote:
> >> WiFi and ethernet use different devices, with different interfaces
> >> and different MACs, so in my experience, at least,
> >> they don't affect one another in the slightest.
> >>
> > Where they can affect each other is in things like the default
> > route. Is your default route through the wired or wireless
> > connection? If your wired connection goes down, should your wireless
> > connection become the defaults route. Or should the wireless
> > connection have preference when it comes to the default route? Do
> > both interfaces provide a route to the Internet?
> >
> > One situation that I would expect to be fairly common is a laptop
> > that uses a wireless connection to the Internet, but gets plugged in
> > when you are back at your desk. You would want the wired connection
> > to take over when it is there, but the wireless connection to take
> > over when you unplug. You would probably want the wireless
> > connection to go down when the wired connection is plugged in.
>
> Another that happens to me often is I want both active. I also need to
> choose which provides the default route, it's not always the same.

Not possible with NM.
You go down to the pickup station, craving warmth and beauty; You settle
for less than fascination -- a few drinks later you're not so choosy.
And the closing lights strip off the shadows on this strange new flesh
you've found -- Clutching the night to you like a fig leaf you hurry to
the blackness and the blankets to lay down an impression and your
loneliness. -- Joni Mitchell