Re: Fedora lifetime and stability

On Friday 09 November 2007, Arthur Pemberton wrote:
> It's stable. You can't be bleeding edge and stable at the same time.

It would be nice to have a more stable kernel and newer userland on top.

I'm still trying to get everything working again on this laptop after the
Fedora 7 kernel went from 2.6.22 to 2.6.23.  The biggest surprise?  The
wireless card and the wired ethernet changed devices; previously the wireless
was eth0 and the wired was eth1, but now the wired is eth0.  Haven't checked
to see what the wireless comes up as... let's see, dmesg says nothing about
it, means it's not recognized anymore (bcm4328 is the device...).

And the built-in sound, which was working for output at least, no longer works
at all.

I haven't tried the SD card since 2.6.23 blew in.

At least X didn't break.
--
Lamar Owen
Chief Information Officer