Re: Fedora lifetime and stability

On Nov 8, 2007 10:47 AM, Strong <strong_yethumble@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 08 Nov 2007 10:47:35 -0500 DJ Delorie <dj@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > I think that it might be a good idea to increase the time
> > > between Fedora releases and/or make the lifetime of every
> > > release at least 2-3 years.
> >
> > That's what RHEL and CentOS are for.
>
> Yes, but they use not so up-to-date software as F!

It's stable. You can't be bleeding edge and stable at the same time.

> Why not satisfy
> Serguei Miridonov thought?

Well it isn't a matter of just satisfying him.

> What a mystery is there with the

That's what works.

> lifetime/release period of F?

Why some speak F needs shorter
> lifetime/release period just to be on "edge"? - the thing I keep try to
> find out not the first time.

Because having it both ways takes up ALOT more resources. Would you
like to start paying for Fedora? What have you donated to Fedora
lately?

( www.pembo13.com )