Re: Fedora 8

Tim wrote:
On Wed, 2007-11-07 at 22:13 -0600, Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
if you are doing more then one Linux install, pick good labels instead
of using the default ones. This is also a good idea if you expect to
move the drive to another system for repair, data recovery, etc...

The installer really needs to give you an option of choosing your own
labels, independently of the mount point names.  Or, electing to go with
randomly generated UUIDs, instead.

Has FC8 changed the install routine to be smarter about this?

Not at all Tim. I was not given a chance to change any labels until after first boot. And I looked at fstab and there was the usual stuff with /1 and such being used. I will fix that too.

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User